Ice skating is an incredibly exhilarating hobby and sport, but we understand it can be a little daunting if you are a first timer or have little to no skating experience. Allow us to assist you, by booking a lesson with our team of friendly and highly experienced coaches. Our coaching team offer guidance, expert advice and will provide the essential skills needed to become a skating pro. Whether you want to master the basics of gliding or are working towards an upcoming figure skating competition; allow our team of experts to help you. Our coaching team is made up of 8 different countries, speaks 4 different languages and has combined skating experience and knowledge of over 30 years. Whether you are a tot or freestyler; allow our team to give the FUN-damental experience to becoming a skating star.
Our coaching fees start from AED190 and include free public skating too. To book a coach and check availability, contact: email@example.com
Meet the team:
- Ampee is living proof that it’s never too late to take up a new skill; having had a successful nursing career, she started skating as an adult and immediately participated in competitive figure skating within the same year.
- Ampee has been Head Coach at Dubai Ice Rink for 11 years and has a wealth of knowledge and experience.
- Ampee has been fortunate enough to compete worldwide, with her skills taking her to Canada and Singapore, where she worked alongside Winter Olympic duo Jayne Torvil and Christopher Dean.
- Many of Ampee’s students have gone on to worldwide skating success, with gold medals being awarded in Thailand and Helsinki’s likes.
- Ampee specializes in teaching figure skating, with a focus on artistic and technical elements for those aspiring to become competitive skaters.
- Ampee’s favorite move is Spin Combinations.
- Coach Mei also started to take up skating as an adult, where she was fortunate enough to win her first competitive skating award in her first year.
- Mei specializes in producing show content, choreography, freestyle and synchronized skating.
- Mei has been coaching at Dubai Ice Rink since 2013; with many of her students winning gold medals in various global competitions for dancing on ice.
- Mei is an ISI Associate Member, where she has gone onto certify and judge in Bronze and Silver levels.
- Coach Ajit has been skating since 1993 and begun to teach in 1994.
- Ajit specializes in beginners and our more younger students who are new to the ice.
- A fun-loving and adventurous guy, Coach Ajit brings a very dynamic flavour to his teaching style and strives to make learning on the ice exciting and fun.
- Coach Ali began to skate in 2008 and started teaching the following year.
- He specializes in teaching ice hockey and also teaches basic figure skating.
- Ali’s coaching approach is fun, dynamic, and easy-going, which makes him one of the coolest coaches on the ice.
- Babji has a fun approach to skating and teaching and can teach basic skating to get those newbies comfortable on the ice and perfect those who want to learn ice hockey.
- Babji has been skating for many years and is an excellent fit for those adult skaters who are new to the ice and want the reassurance and comfort of a fun-loving and friendly coach who won’t judge.
- Babji is a firm believer that you can learn to skate tomorrow, regardless of age or abilities.
- Lester is an excellent fit for those who would prefer a quick skating masterclass. We get many skaters visiting the rink daily whose biggest issue is lack of confidence. Lester is excellent in giving you the basic skills and knowledge to set you off on your skating session – from understanding how to bend your knees, hold your balance and be confident enough to move toward the centre of the rink.
- Royd is one of our most popular skaters, with his fun ability to turn figure skating and dancing on the ice fun and versatile workout.
- Royd specializes in show styles, techniques, and dancing and has been fortunate enough to compete in many figure skating competitions worldwide, across Asia, and to Sweden and Germany.
- Royd is the perfect coach for those skaters who are more experienced and are looking to perfect and polish their freestyle skating skills.
- Kevin has been skating for over a decade now and pursued his dream of being a figure skater in 2012, taking up ice hockey as a hobby and pastime.
- Kevin specializes in making his lesson fun and interactive for younger skaters, where he likes to teach through play rather than technique for beginners and skaters new to the ice.
- Kevin’s favourite manoeuver is a hockey stop.